Tue, 12 May 2020
2. Philosopher Alain De Botton's advice for these times on James Corden
The School of Life
3. Tips for these gender times
4. Working from Home - Queer Pitfalls
5. Eurovision 2020
Lithuania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EAUxuuu1w8
Sun, 7 July 2019
Does Gender Mature with Age?
1. Experiences in Public
2. Introduction to Drag Makeup Comprehensive
Sun, 15 July 2018
So, what's happening over this long break?
1. What's been happening
2. When a group challenges your gender
Mon, 9 October 2017
Australia doesn't have same-sex marriage? Well, not yet.
1. What is a plebiscite?
2. Why doesn't Australia have same-sex marriage yet?
3. The No campaign
4. The Yes campaign
5. Polling and likely result
Tue, 29 August 2017
1. Pride event - Community Day
2. Pride event - Illusion
Sun, 16 July 2017
1. Drag March
Gothamist - Great photos!!
Outside the Stonewall in singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow"
2. Pride March
Sun, 30 April 2017
1. Heineken's #OpenYourWorld campaign
2. In a push for equality, IOC wants to add mixed-gender events to Olympic program
3. Poll: Transgender rights in your country
Sun, 5 March 2017
1. Protecting transgender rights and protections
2. Guest contributor Amanda Prosser talks about her upcoming project Survivors
Discussing Amanda's work in a previous podcast http://genderqueeruniverse.blogspot.com/2017/01/hanne-gaby-odiele-supporting-corporate.html
Amanda's Youtube page - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4IDpbQqpMd-dszCA6loVjQ
3. Seeking Gender Originality
Direct download: 20170305_Seeking_Gender_Originality__Amandas_project.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 10:23am EST
Sat, 25 February 2017
1. Gender empathy - thought provoking video
CNN - Male actor dresses as woman to experience sexual harassment
2. Gender dream safe zone
3. Harvard Project Implicit
4. Moved to wonderful New York!
Direct download: 20170225_Can_we_help_build_empathy_across_the_sexes.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 10:35pm EST
Thu, 26 January 2017
1. World Economic Forum - Disrupting the Status Quo of Gender Roles - 18 January 2017
Alternative link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MoaKjOTTY4
2. Wonderful YouTuber - Amanda Parnell
Amanda & Amanda - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt4jWmOFa3VdwkP4O2ezu4_QMTyaZ0TsN
3. Hanne Gaby Odiele reveals she is intersex
Direct download: 20170126_Hanne_Gaby_Odiele_Supporting_Corporate_Diversity.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 12:27pm EST
Mon, 16 January 2017
1. New Year, New Branding!
2. Thoughts of a woman who wore men's clothes for a month.
Thu, 8 December 2016
1. My visit to Stonewall Inn
2. Kinky Boots
Clip of Wayne Brady as Lola - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s9UtjCvQtM
Wed, 23 November 2016
1. Cities lead forward anti-trans discrimination
2. Target will stop separating toys and bedding into girls' and boys' sections
3. Crossdressing Ken doll sparks backlash, then huge support
4. Mattel produces an Ashley Graham Barbie doll
5. Tokyo Comic-con lifts ban on male crossdressers
6. Tokyo crossplay event!
7. A beautiful love story
Fri, 11 November 2016
1. Be aware of possible hate crimes
Day 1 in Trump's America - https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656
2. Sort important things out now
3. Remember there is beauty in the world
Jordan Smith - Chandelier - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHR4oOIcVZo
Direct download: 20161111_What_US_Trans_people_need_to_think_about.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 1:46pm EST
Mon, 7 November 2016
1. Interesting times...
#HeForShe Facebook discussion - https://www.facebook.com/HeForShe/
3. Queer brides lead LGBT protest
Sun, 30 October 2016
Check out the website for photos!
Sun, 25 September 2016
How Cami heard about it..
Why was Mrs Cami interested in the drag course?
Week 0 - Not knowing what to expect
Week 1 - Introduction lecture - what is drag?
Weekend 1 - Outfit shopping
Week 2 - Padding, Tucking, Movement, Initial Routine Planning
Weekend 2 - Makeup shopping
Week 3 - Makeup
Week 4 - Rehearsal 1
Week 5 - Dress Rehearsal
Week 6 - Dress rehearsal 2 + Professional drag performing
Week 7 - The performance!
Cami (Cami Flage) outfit and routine - Carmen Sandiego
Mrs Cami (B. Trothed) outfit and routine - Mon Amour
Mon, 5 September 2016
Understanding Children's Gender - https://www.genderspectrum.org/explore-topics/parenting-and-family/
Support statistics referenced in a previous podcast - http://crossdressingcanopy.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/managing-queer-risks.html
Good response - How can I support my friend who is transgender
StoryCorps & NPR - The Saint of Dry Creek - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wHjJUdN16k
Tue, 16 August 2016
1. Rise in Transgender and Gender in Google Trends
2. Podcast aims remain the same.
3. Podcast - What's most downloaded, What isn't...
4. "Choosing a Counsellor" - an epilogue
Fri, 5 August 2016
* If you were stuck on a deserted island and you could only have one piece of feminine clothing, what would it be?
* Do you prefer flats, 2-inch heels, or 4-inch heels?
* Favourite piece of jewellery?
* Where would you go, anywhere in the world, for a femme night out?
2. Trans movies and TV shows
Anika's pick: Transparent - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_(TV_series)
3. Genderfluid - Definitions
4. Role Models
Sun, 17 July 2016
Exercise (Women's Health, SHAPE)
Average Rating 8/20
(Femmeness 1.5/5, Informative 3.5/5, Inspiring 2/5, Gender Fluidity 1/5)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - Scientific Studies (HBO) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw
Bridal (1 unnamed)
Average Rating 5/20
(Femmeness 3/5, Informative 2/5, Inspiring 0/5, Gender Fluidity 0/5)
Average Rating 10/20
(Femmeness 2/5, Informative 3/5, Inspiring 4/5, Gender Fluidity 1/5)
Mature Interest (Oprah, Southern Lady, Cowgirl, Woman's Day)
Average Rating 5.8/20
(Femmeness 1.5/5, Informative 1.8/5, Inspiring 1.5/5, Gender Fluidity 1/5)
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - Dr. Oz and Nutritional Supplements (HBO) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA0wKeokWUU
Woman's Interest (BUST, Cosmopolitan, Essence, Glamour, Marie Claire, Sheen)
Average Rating 9/20
(Femmeness 3.2/5, Informative 2.7/5, Inspiring 2.3/5, Gender Fluidity 0.8/5)
Fashion (Allure, Bazaar, Elle, Instyle, Nylon, Vogue)
Average Rating 10.8/20
(Femmeness 3.2/5, Informative 2.8/5, Inspiring 2.3/5, Gender Fluidity 2.5/5)
Wed, 6 July 2016
1. The Orlando shooting - managing queer risks
2. Dr Elizabeth Riley and Raina Jardin's presentation
3. Jodie Dawson's blog piece - Toilet Talk
4. Selfish Crossdressing?
Sat, 11 June 2016
1. Will the Rio Olympics re-define gendered sports?
Boyce MJ, Baisley KJ, Clark EV, Warrington SJ - Are published normal ranges of serum testosterone too high? Results of a cross-sectional survey of serum testosterone and luteinizing hormone in healthy men. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15476527
2. Men competing as women?
Direct download: 20160611_Will_the_Rio_Olympics_re-define_gendered_sports.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 2:34pm EST
Wed, 25 May 2016
1. Why Cami? - Why do I have a female name?
2. The weird ways of posing females
Thu, 14 April 2016
Youtuber Grace - Seadresa
Gay acceptance / marriage polling
Greater acceptance - why?
Direct download: 20160414_Why_is_public_support_for_LGBT_rising.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 4:32pm EST
Mon, 21 March 2016
How to go about choosing a counsellor!
1. How I realised I needed a counsellor.
2. Finding a counsellor for the first time.
3. Finding a counsellor this time.
4. Writing an initial email to my counsellor.
Sat, 30 January 2016
The Danish Girl - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810819/
Non-binary people challenges - http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/13/greater-transgender-visibility-hasnt-helped-nonbinary-people-like-me
Sat, 19 December 2015
1. A Revolutionary Surgery Could Finally Let Trans Women Carry Children
2. Lonely men
3. Fashion - Ann Taylor
Tall Velvet Pencil Skirt - http://www.anntaylor.com/tall-velvet-pencil-skirt/386612
Marked Boucle Jacket - http://www.anntaylor.com/marled-boucle-jacket/390569
4. Transgender inspiration - Isabel Jimenez
Sun, 15 November 2015
A very interesting chat with Kink & Poly-Aware Sex Therapist Alexandria Champagne!
This is a podcast for those 18 years old or over.
1. As a starter what made you want to become a sex therapist?
2. What inspired you to write your book "Knotty Time"?
3. What is kink?
4. Is Crossdressing a kink?
5. Can kinks ever be unhealthy?
6. How would you go about re-assessing your kinks?
7. What happens when a scene doesn't go like I wanted? What should I do if my partner is wary of kink?
8. Any recommendations for someone who wants to see a sex therapist?
9. Anything else you'd like to add?
10. Where can someone get a copy of Knotty Time?
Direct download: 20151115_Chat_with_Kink__Poly-Aware_Sex_Therapist_Alex_Champagne.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 10:11pm EST
Thu, 29 October 2015
1. Howdy US
3. JJ Levine - Couples Swap Genders In These Awesomely Awkward Prom Pics
4. Introducing Teddy: Crowdfunded book about transgender toy inspired by real family goes global
Fri, 28 August 2015
2. A women's sexuality is more fluid than a man's - study
3. Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume
4. Mixed Synchronised Swimming
5. Transgender Heroes - Laura A. Jacobs
Fri, 31 July 2015
1. Cordelia Fine talk - The gender galaxy: beyond Mars and Venus
Her lecture is available at http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/the-gender-galaxy/6607332
My previous podcast about Fine's work -
2. Insult, Aggression, and the Southern Culture of Honor: An "Experimental Ethnography"
3. Gender norm problems with a friend
5. CD Pride vs Humiliation
Men taught to suppress emotions - Can't find its linked source, believe it is from iwastesomuchtime.com https://www.pinterest.com/pin/314689092688697054/
6. Genderqueer Role Models: William Powell Eddins
Thu, 9 July 2015
Dr Elizabeth's wisdom
"As a crossdresser, you need to crossdress regularly. It is like your therapy, and will be a huge stress reliever."
"During moments of intense stress, crossdressers can feel their dressing desires much more strongly than normal. These intense feelings can sometimes make crossdressers feel that they need to transition, when in reality all they need is to remove the source of intense stress."
Lilli Female Foam Latex Mask http://www.makupartist.com/154/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=112
Honka White Gothic Hood Foam Latex Mash with Black Lips http://www.makupartist.com/154/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29&products_id=175
Nikki's Monster Shop
4. Viewpoint: Watching the lesbians in India
5. Shoutouts for this weekend
Fri, 19 June 2015
1. Travel troubles
2. Pink punishment
3. Crossdressing in Gaming - Witcher III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTC750ZFGOA (Adult rating)
4. Crossdressing Fashion - Glamour Boutique
Sexy Sequin Dress - http://www.glamourboutique.com/sexysequinpartydress-closeout.aspx
Stretch Pink Skirt with Double Hem - http://www.glamourboutique.com/stretchpinksatinskirtwithdoublehem-closeout.aspx
Lace Bodice Black Dress - http://www.glamourboutique.com/lacebodiceblackdress-closeout.aspx
5. Irish gay marriage passes
Wed, 15 April 2015
1. April Fools Day - Jokes for Crossdressing?
2. Menswear Fashion takes a feminine turn
3. Pregnancy Envy
4. Crossdresser Envy
Tue, 17 March 2015
1. Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
2. My magazine crush: SLiNK magazine
3. Commemorating the wonderful Terry Pratchett
Mon, 2 March 2015
1. Sea of Humanity
2. One size fits all clothing
Afghanistan's World Cup win
Womens sports - competition more important than skills
4. Trans panic
5. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Uganda and Pepe Julian Onziema
Direct download: 20150302_One_size_fits_all_Womens_sport_Trans_panic.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 5:38am EST
Sat, 31 January 2015
Gender Stereotypes Quiz
Assign a value between 0-5 based on how much you like the following things or activities:
If you think it is awesome, give it a 5
If you really like it, give it a 4
If you like it, give it a 3
If you a neutral about it, give it a 2
If you don't like it, give it a 1.
If you really don't like it, give it a 0.
2. Drinking coffee
4. Going to a hardware / outdoor supplies store
5. Checking social media
6. Playing a harp
7. Wearing dark-coloured clothing
10. Joining the army
11. Woodworking / Metalworking
13. Going to parties
14. Drinking beer
15. Camping / hiking
17. Learning a foreign language
18. Owning a cat
19. Going Go-Kart Racing
20. Watching Action Movies
21. Watching the News
22. Reading Fashion Magazines
23. Eating Thai Food
24. Fighting Sports
25. Wearing Jeans
26. Reading Romance Novels
27. Playing Consoles / Computer Games
28. Scrapbooking / Pinteresting
29. Painting the house
30. Wearing tight-fitting clothing
Listen to the podcast to determine your score, and what I am trying to convey!
MTF Crossdressing Stereotypes Quiz
Preparation / Wearing
1. Wearing eyeliner
2. Wearing full make-up
3. Wearing over-the-top makeup
4. Wearing a wig
5. Wearing femme costumes
6. Wearing skirts
7. Wearing breast forms
8. Wearing femme underwear
9. Wearing a corset
10. Having clean-shaven legs
Activities / Inclinations
1. Shopping for clothes
2. Attracted to men
5. Reading femme magazines
6. Going out in femme attire
7. Having a manicure
8. Dancing in a femme way
9. Being submissive in the bedroom
10. Singing Drag Queen tunes
Listen to the podcast to determine your score, and what I am trying to convey!
Tue, 20 January 2015
1. Puberty blockers / Cross-sex hormones
Transgender 13-year-old Zoey having therapy
2. Traits women are looking for in a boyfriend
7 non-existent traits to look for in your next boyfriend
How to find a feminist boyfriend by Lisa Bonos
3. What everyone will wear in 2015
What women will wear in 2015
4. The wonders of the internet
Disney store - http://imgur.com/gallery/Qxre0XQ
Enforcing "traditional gender roles" - http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/2s2bcb/my_boyfriend_and_i_enforce_traditional_gender/
Direct download: 20150120_Puberty_blockers_feminist_bfs_2015_fashion.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 3:31am EST
Tue, 30 December 2014
2014 New Years Resolution achieved
SLINK magazine - http://www.slinkmagazine.com/
2. CANDY magazine
Candy magazine 7 - Lady Gaga / Marilyn Manson - http://byluisvenegas.com/candy/newcandy-7/#196
Candy magazine 8 - The Role Models - http://byluisvenegas.com/candy/newcandy-8/#251
Luis Venegas website - http://byluisvenegas.com/
3. Bridal magazines and their folly
4. Queer Inspiration - My new Pinterest board
Sun, 14 December 2014
2. Androgynous Guy blog - androgynousguy.blogspot.com
Luis in a gorgeous dress - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2K-manQogyw/VHVmanei9gI/AAAAAAAAKuk/9-6DEIguFxo/s1600/Luis%2BConk%2B%2B(9).jpg
3. Review - The new gender workbook by Kate Bornstein
Fri, 28 November 2014
1. Glass ceiling
My medium-level conference experience
An excerpt of the Marie Claire's excerpt Annabel Crabb's "The Glass Ceiling"
Women in Management survey
Mong Kok Ladies Market - http://www.ladies-market.hk/
Costume Market - http://hongkong.daebak.asia/shopping/street-markets/pottinger-street
Remy Fashion - http://www.remyfashion.com/
Matteo Party - http://www.matteoparty.com/
The air stewardess costume I bought (but mine is in electric pink!) - http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Magic-Retro-Stewardess-Costume/dp/B008ERJ03O
3. Norway's mixed army
Sun, 26 October 2014
1. Halloween - Snow White
Snow White with Owl - http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/pinup-snow-white/1/
Medium skin tone Snow White - http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/pinup-snow-white/3/
Asian Snow White - http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/pinup-snow-white/4/
Pin-Up Makeup Look - http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/pinup-makeup-tutorial/
24 Pin-Up Hairstyles That Scream "Retro Chic" http://www.latest-hairstyles.com/trends/pin-up-hairstyles.html
3. Cosmetic Surgery
4. Pro-active Prosthetics
General info - http://proactiveprosthetics.com/index.html
Cleavage crop top - http://proactiveprosthetics.com/page4.html
5. Polished Men Point The Finger At Child Violence
Direct download: 20141026_Cosmetic_Surgery_Halloween_Prosthetics.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 6:57am EST
Sat, 11 October 2014
1. Transsexuals and how I think they are awesome
2. The question
3. Transgender T-Shirts
4. BBC Capital - When John become Joan
5. Webcomic - Questionable Content
First comic - http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1
Transgender character Claire first introduced (redhead in fourth panel) - http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2203
Claire comes out as transgendered - http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2323
Marten - Claire started a discussion which leads to them starting a relationship - http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2785
Wed, 24 September 2014
1. #HeForShe - Emma Watson's amazing speech
Join the campaign at http://www.heforshe.org/
2. JLaw and other celebrities photo leak
3. K-Fashion - BONGJASHOP - http://en.bongjashop.com/
Navy dress with pastel flowers - http://en.bongjashop.com/Product/Detail/view/pid/36015/cid/229/spn/OP4C0051
Blue sleeveless dress - http://en.bongjashop.com/Product/Detail/view/pid/35679/cid/229/spn/OP4C0921
Pink/White dress - http://en.bongjashop.com/Product/Detail/view/pid/35154/cid/959/spn/OP4B0758
The magazine I couldn't remember - http://frockmagazine.com/
CANDY Magazine Transgender Michelle Obama cover - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/michelle-obama-candy-magazine-transgender-connie-fleming_n_2317992.html
Related article to Afghanistan bocha posh - http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/22/girls-boys-afghanistan-daughters-raised-as-sons-puberty-bacha-posh
5. Madrid Annual High Heel Race - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-04/madrid-high-heels-race-gay-pride-photos/5571214
Tue, 26 August 2014
SMOSH GAMES - Honest Trailer - Skyrim - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjTOF8IC528
How World of Warcraft helped me come out as transgender - http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2014/jan/23/how-world-of-warcraft-game-helped-me-come-out-transgender
Interactions between straight people and the transgendered community
Interactions between transgendered people and the transgendered community
Red Multi Color-Block Party Dress - http://www.amiclubwear.com/
Black Multi Striped Sexy Bandage Dress -http://www.amiclubwear.com/
Black Halter Backless Faux Leather Woman's Club Dress - http://www.milanoo.com/
4. Conchitta Wurst - bare-chested http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/beard-fever-sweeps-manchester-pride-7666069
Fri, 1 August 2014
1. More relaxed podcasts
Chat with TG Counsellor and Academic Dr Elizabeth Riley
Chat with Anika and Ally
2. Make up
41 Life-Saving Beauty Hacks Every Girl Should Have In Her Arsenal
Colorperfect blending system
3. Andreja Pejic's transition
4. The Manskirt
The return of the manskirt - http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/the-return-of-the-manskirt-20140723-ztyg8.html
Pinterest - males in skirts - http://www.pinterest.com/crossdressingca/males-in-skirts/
Red tartan skirt - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/314689092686111887/
Blue knee length skirt - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/314689092686111877/
Japanese men in skirts - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/314689092686111859/
5. Great internet picture relating sexism to men, women, and transgenders.
Wed, 16 July 2014
Chat with Dr Elizabeth Riley, Transgender Counsellor & Independent Academic
Milton Diamond - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Middle Sexes: Redefining He and She (2005) - http://www.imdb.com/title/
The Seahorse Society - http://www.seahorsesoc.org/
World Professional Association for Transgendered Health - http://www.wpath.org/
Australia & New Zealand Professional Association for Transgendered Health - http://www.anzpath.org/
The Gender Centre - http://www.gendercentre.org.
Direct download: 20140716_Chat_with_TG_Counsellor_Dr_Elizabeth_Riley.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 3:48am EST
Tue, 1 July 2014
My take on #YesAllWomen and why violence, whether physical, sexual, or emotional, needs to be stopped.
1. What is #YesAllWomen
TIME Magazine -The Most Powerful #YesAllWomen Tweets by Nolan Feeney
UN chapter on Violence Against Women - http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/ageing/documents/egm/NeglectAbuseandViolenceofOlderWomen/Violence%20against%20women.pdf
Australian Government Department of Social Services - Facts about women's safety - http://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsibilities/women/publications-articles/general/fact-sheets-womens-issues/facts-about-women-s-safety
What men (and all people) can do to help stop domestic violence - http://www.domesticviolence.com.au/pages/what-men-can-do-to-help-stop-domestic-violence.php
Workplace misogyny discussed in prior podcast - http://crossdressingcanopy.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/mardi-gras-social-conditioning.html
Election body slammed for sexist cartoon - http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2014/05/511_158156.html
Egypt's sexual harrassment pandemic - and the powerlessness of hashtags - http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/18/egypts-sexual-harassment-pandemic-and-the-powerlessness-of-hashtags/
Pantene Philippines - Denise Laurel rises above her labels #WHIPIT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xYsvcKfq8E
Fri, 13 June 2014
The World Cup beckons, so let's talk sport!
1. Transgendered people in sport
Jaiyah Saelua - http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/may/jaiyah-saelua-next-goal-wins
2. Female coaches in male sports
Helena Costa - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27526264
3. BBC News - The strange demands of life as a cheerleader - http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27260466
4. Fashion - Feminine Sporting Costumes
Synchronised Swimming http://www.actionfit.com/actionfit/Pre_Designed_Suits.html
58B Deep Green outfit - http://www.cheerleading.com/Cheerleading-Uniforms/Deluxe-Packages/2014/58B
59C Canary Yellow outfit - http://www.cheerleading.com/Cheerleading-Uniforms/Deluxe-Packages/2014/59C
5. Suzanne Heintz's Mannequins - http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/lifestyle/fashion/the-mannequin-of-my-dreams-20140605-39koq.html
6. How to give ourselves advice as good as we give others - http://home.isr.umich.edu/releases/how-to-give-advice-to-ourselves/
Thu, 29 May 2014
1. Conchitta's win - YAY!
Russian entrepreneur to open Conchita Wurst hair salon in Moscow http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-entrepreneur-to-open-conchita-wurst-hair-salon-in-moscow/500987.html
3. China self-expression
4. Fashion - Clip-on earrings - Crossdress USA
Five Strand Royal Blue and Rhinestone Dangling Clip-on Earrings http://www.crossdressusa.com/product/CDU-E014
Gold plated Clip-on Earrings http://www.crossdressusa.com/product/CDU-E001
Multi-hoop Rhinestone Clip-on Earrings http://www.crossdressusa.com/product/CDU-E003
Rhinestone Cluster with Black Rhinestone Clip-on earrings http://www.crossdressusa.com/product/CDU-E012
Basket weave Gold clip-on earrings http://www.crossdressusa.com/product/CDU-E008
5. Society perceptions
Fri, 9 May 2014
1. Transgender / Crossdressing in the Eurovision
1998 Dana International - Diva https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv83u7-mNWQ
2002 Sestre - Samo Ljubezen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1MjjZCMQk
2007 Drama Queen - Drama Queen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXGl2cbDBDA
2007 Verka Serduchka - Dancing Lasha Tumbai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE
2014 Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Pheonix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaolVEJEjV4
Music Clips in Podcast rights to Universal.
2. Internet things
Disney Princess Batman - http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/disney-princess-batman-is-your-new-favorite-cosplayer
3. Fashion - Hello Cosplay
Elizabeth Swann Dress - http://au.hellocosplay.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-costume-elizabeth-swann-dress-p-2572.html
Marie Antoinette Victorian Ball Gown - http://au.hellocosplay.com/marie-antoinette-victorian-ball-gown-prom-royal-blue-wedding-p-5027.html
Sun, 27 April 2014
- Because it is not natural
- Because it is against our book
- Because it exposes you to possible physical harm
- Because I will get rejected by my family
- Because crossdressing is sexist, since many crossdressers portray women as sluts or submissive. In other words, crossdressers portray women as less than men.
- Because crossdressing reflects modern ideology 's obsession with self-identity. People need to stop worrying about their individual goals and be more at one with the universe.
- Because I don't have money
- Because I don't have space
- Because I don't have time
- Because I look ugly as a femme
- Because I feel bad after crossdressing
- Because you need to accept gender norms to find someone to love you.
- Because crossdressing is kinky
Direct download: 20140427_Arguments_Against_Crossdressing_-_Rebuttals.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 12:14am EST
Sat, 22 March 2014
(i) Strong segegration in toilets
(ii) Differences between the sexes
(iii) Toilet equality fight
(iv) T-people, where to bathroom?
S. Bear Bergman - The Nearest Exit May Be Behind You http://www.amazon.com/The-Nearest-Exit-May-Behind/dp/1551522640
Refuge restrooms - http://www.refugerestrooms.org/
2. Fashion - Janet's Closet
Indulge 2000 Pink boots - http://www.janetscloset.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=PLE_IND2000-DS
Shiny Latex Mini Snappy - http://www.janetscloset.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=CL01AMYSNAPPY
Pretty Playing Card - http://www.janetscloset.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=CL07LEG-83409
The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer http://www.amazon.com/Masqueraders-Georgette-Heyer/dp/1402219504
Tue, 11 March 2014
1. Sydney Mardi Gras
2. Cami's conundrum: Dressing in public?
3. Fashion - Long Tall Sally
Monochrome Contrast Dress - http://au.longtallsally.com/p/tall/monochrome-contrast-dress-05G02
Paisley Scuba Dress - http://au.longtallsally.com/p/tall/paisley-scuba-dress-05F28
Ruby Rocks Pheonix Quirky Print Dress - http://au.longtallsally.com/p/tall/ruby-rocks-pheonix-quirky-print-dress-65Z10#65Z10BLA
Floral Mirror Scuba Dress - http://au.longtallsally.com/p/tall/floral-mirror-scuba-dress-05G11
4. Facebook's gender identities are a good start - but why stop at 56?
5. Gender in the media
Gorgeous Photography Series Portrays Gay Couples All Over The Globe - http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/gorgeous-photography-series-portrays-gay-couples-all-over-th
6. Cordelia Fine - Delusions of Gender - The Real Science Behind Sex Differences - Adulthood
Fri, 21 February 2014
1. Facebook Gender and Pronoun Settings: Which Way Will You Go?
2. Animation Wonders
SheZow - http://www.abc.net.au/iview/ (for Australian viewers)
Frozen's show stopping song "Let It Go" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
3. Cordelia Fine - Delusions of Gender - The Real Science Behind Sex Differences - Childhood -
4. Australian magazines
Vogue Australia Chinese Edition - http://crossdressingcanopy.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/vogue-australia-mandarin-edition.html
Raising my androgynous son Andrej Pejic - http://www.aww.com.au/news-features/in-the-mag/2013/3/raising-my-androgynous-son-andrej-pejic/
5. Tall women clothes
The best sites to buy clothes for tall women - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/clothes-tall-women-_n_3605262.html
Tall by Design - http://tallbydesign.com.au/
6. Michael Sam and the NFL
Jon Stewart's view http://imgur.com/gallery/xUxXJ
Dallas sportcasters Dale Hansen's view http://globalnews.ca/news/1148267/watch-old-white-guy-defends-gay-black-nfl-prospect-in-surprising-rant/ (second video)
Direct download: 20140215_Facebook_changes_Frozen_tall_women_clothes.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 9:00am EST
Tue, 11 February 2014
This podcast I chat with my good crossdressing friend Anika, and her wonderful partner Ally.
* Anika, when did you discover crossdressing?
* Anika, how do you identify on the crossdressing/trans spectrum?
* Ally, what was your initial response to finding out Anika crossdressed?
* Ally, what was your initial response to seeing Anika crossdressed?
* Anika, what do you enjoy about crossdressing?
* Anika, in the past, were you able to find support from family and/or friends?
* Ally, what impact does Anika's crossdressing have on your relationship?
* Ally, can you point to anything that made Anika more comfortable about her crossdressing?
* Both of you, how do you deal with telling friends and family about Anika?
* Anything else to add?
Tue, 21 January 2014
Lionel Messi and the hazards of a red suit - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25728213
Why we find muscular women wildly perplexing? - Jamilla Rosdahl - http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/why-do-we-find-muscular-women-wildly-perplexing-20140114-30rjf.html
2. Assaults on men in Sydney
No country for young men: notions of gender must evolve - Catharine Lumby - http://www.smh.com.au/comment/no-country-for-young-men-notions-of-gender-must-evolve-20140102-307rq.html
A horrific incident and an unfortunate reminder - http://thepeopleandplaces.wordpress.com/2014/01/03/a-horrific-incident-and-an-unfortunate-reminder/
3. SHOP magazine - Which Look Pulls The Most Dates
Link to podcast article - http://genderqueeruniverse.blogspot.com/2014/01/sports-dating-pinterest.html
4. Healthy crossdressing: Avoiding the Supreme Court of Femme
5. Pinterest and Trans-nipples
Kirill Sadovy - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/370491506816395559/
Daniel Landroche - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/370491506816395542/
Modelling shot - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/370491506816395363/
Concern over trans-nipples - Dossier's Andrej Pejic Cover Censored By Barnes & Noble, Borders, - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/16/dossier-andrej-pejic-cover-censored_n_862424.html
6. Curse of the mummyji: The eternal but shifting battle between Indian wives and their fearsome mothers-in-law - http://www.economist.com/news/christmas-specials/21591745-curse-mummyji
Tue, 7 January 2014
2. Corset purchase
3. A review of social media for crossdressing
4. Gender in the media
Ten things: North Korea's film industry http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23251187
Are Gender Stereotypes Good for Business?http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lynda-bekore/gender-stereotypes-sales_b_4496001.html
5. Fashion: CherryPopLatex - through Etsy
Custom Bombshell Puff Sleeve Latex Dress with contrast edging -http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/102197862/custom-bombshell-puff-sleeve-latex-dress?ref=shop_home_active
Custom Bombshell Latex Sweetheart Neckline Puff Sleeve Top with contrast edging
Latex T-shirt Headphones DJ Music style Mens or womens customisable colourshttp://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/97391735/latex-t-shirt-headphones-dj-music-style?ref=shop_home_active
Latex Clutch Handbag: 'Pac-Man' with knuckle duster handlehttp://www.etsy.com/listing/103620020/latex-clutch-handbag-pac-man-with?ref=shop_home_active
6. A touch of perspective, a transgender story
Sun, 22 December 2013
1. Year in Crossdressing - 2013
2. Male Femininity Tumblr - http://malefemininity.tumblr.com/
3. The bitter pill of male contraception
4. JAPANCRUSH: Photo of Man In Drag Riding Women-Only Carriage Trends Online
5. Bamboozled: Why I am quitting Tropfest
6. Paris Lees: From bullied child to transgender woman: my coming
Sat, 7 December 2013
In this podcast my wife, Mrs. Aeris, answers the following questions about crossdressing from a significant others' perspective.
Wed, 13 November 2013
A Transgender Victoria's Secret Angel? http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fashion/9369662/A-transgender-VS-Angel
Stop limiting our children's play https://www.change.org/petitions/toys-r-us-australia-stop-limiting-our-children-s-play
2. Alone time - Photo series by JJ Levine
3. Fashion - Gary Bigeni
4. Men Finally Welcomed at Switzerland's last surviving finishing school
5. Modelling both as a masculine and a femme
Sun, 3 November 2013
WARNING: This website triggered my virus scanner. Operate at your own risk!
3. Book Review - 'The nearest exit may be behind you' essays by S.Bear Bergman
4. App Review - Campus Life
5. Buzzfeed - Germany says its Rainbow Olympic Uniforms Are Not Pride Flags
Sat, 19 October 2013
1. Seasonal dressing - does the weather affect your dressing?
2. Couples doing the switcheroo
3. Airbrushing and trans-people
Ideas from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24522060
4. Fashion - www.jjshouse.com
5. China gender wars - the jobs Chinese girls just can't do
Direct download: 20131020_Canopy_-_Airbrushing_Seasonal_dressing.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 6:34pm EST
Sat, 5 October 2013
1. Thought experiment - The pill
2. Crossdressing in the news
Why Drag Queens are better role models than Disney princesses
Disney Princesses dressed in their princes' threads
3. Book review - Almost perfect
4. Fashion - Little Party Dress
5. Sarcasm - 5 ways discrimination works for crossdressers
(and why we need to get rid of all discrimination)
Tue, 24 September 2013
3. A crossdresser's guide to shopping in Shanghai
Fri, 30 August 2013
1. Firsts - How I started crossdressing
2. Crossdressing in the News
Tacoma police seek crossdressing partner
How do people who change gender choose a name
3. Positive message in the world
The Awesome Foundation
Great video describing the organisation - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23469438
Website - http://www.awesomefoundation.org/
4. Fashion - ModCloth
Shiny bubbles dress - http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/shiny-bubbles-dress
Opine and dine dress - http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/opine-and-dine-dress
About the Artist Dress in Red - http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/about-the-artist-dress-in-red
5. Male Suffragettes
Meghalaya India: Where women rule, and men are suffragettes - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16592633
Direct download: 20130831_Canopy_-_Names_Modcloth_and_Male_Suffragettes.mp3
Category:Genderqueer -- posted at: 7:28pm EST
Sun, 18 August 2013
The first podcast for Cami's Crossdressing Canopy!
2. Crossdressing in the News
New Tokyo Crossdressing Bar Appeals to First-Time Drag Queens
Fans Take Videogame Damsels Out of Distress, Put Them in Charge
3. Standing up for what you believe in - A hero
5. Managing Carmen